We get this question a lot so if you are confused, don’t worry! We’re here to help.
To begin, Highways offers two integrations to WordPress:
When would I use the WordPress plugin from Highways?
- The WordPress plugin is free to download and use without a Highways account.
- You would use this plugin if you want data to flow from WordPress into Intercom on a continuous basis as events happen e.g. New WordPress Users, New Order Information etc
- Our WordPress plugin automatically syncs WooCommerce data to Intercom as it happens. It does not sync historic or past data.
- The plugin does not appear in your Intercom Inbox except for data like Intercom Events and Qualification.
- Our WordPress app does not include support except for feature requests and bug reports via the WordPress Codex only.
When would I use the WooCommerce App from Highways?
- The WooCommerce App by Highways is a paid app available from the Intercom store.
- You would use this plugin if you and your team need access to WooCommerce data e.g. Customer Information, Order History etc when chatting to a customer in Intercom.
- This app does not move or sync data from WooCommerce into Intercom, it only displays data from WooCommerce in the Intercom Inbox.
- Our WooCommerce App includes full support via our chat and service channels.
- You do not need our WordPress plugin to use our WooCommerce App, and vice versa.
- They can be used at the same time and will not conflict.
- They are independent and different tools that serve different purposes.